Level 3 Certificate
in Counselling Skills
Starting Wednesday 18th September 2019
Accredited by ABC Awards, the Level 3 Certificate is An
introduction to the world of counselling and the skills
required to become a qualified counsellor. It is a
recognized stand alone qualification or can be used as
one of the entry requirements for the Level 4 Diploma
in Therapeutic Counselling.
* Gives an introduction to Psychodynamic Counselling Theory
* Is designed to develop counselling skills that can be transferred in the workplace
* Provides an understanding of ethical issues of being a counsellor in accordance to the BACP Framework.
* Enables students to practice skills in a safe environment with their peers
* Explores feelings, values and beliefs for growth and to raise self-awareness.
Unit 1 Understanding the context for the use of counselling skills
Unit 2 Understanding counselling theory
Unit 3 Using counselling skills
Unit 4 Personal development for users of counselling skills
There are 3 non residential weekends.
which are held at 54 Hamilton Square, Birkenhead.
Saturday Programme will run from 9.30am - 4.30pm
Sunday Programme will run from 10:00am - 3.30pm
Dates to be confirmed whilst on course
Criteria for completion
Students are required to complete 4 written essay type assignments
one assignment for each course unit,
and a 30-minute taped counselling session.
There are no external/internal exams for this course,
there is an 80% attendance requirement.
* Students must be 18 years or over.
* An interest in developing counselling skills,
which can be used in a workplace whether voluntary or paid
* A willingness to participate in the group and to be responsible
for own learning
* Have successfully completed a Level II basic Counselling Skills Course
or have equivalent experience
For more information contact Jean Little Training or
Click to Download an application Pack
1-year Part Time Certificate Course in Counselling Skills
Wednesday Evenings 6pm-9pm @ Hamilton Square Birkenhead
£600 or £650 if paying by installments (monthly plans available)
Includes 3 weekend non-residential courses;